Friday, March 02, 2007

Weathering our first storm


Living out my storm chaser fantasies.... WEll, this was yesterday and it was Trevor's first day riding the bus. His bus stop is right outside our door, so I sent him out. Nasty storms were off to the west and were supposedly heading our way at 60 mph. This storm had already produced one Tornado which touched down in Japan, MO. Well, It supposedly was headed right for us, but ended up taking more of a northern turn, so it missed us. We ended up with a few sprinkles and sunshine. Well, I sent Trevor out to the bus stop when all of a sudden all (and i mean ALL) of the tornado warning sirens started to go off. It was so loud out! Trevor glanced me a look so I had to go out and stand with him. The clouds were really billowing off to the west and I was able to snap these pictures. This is the tower that produced several tornados. It was the southern most tip of the storm line. I was quite prepared with my camera in hand to catch a tornado, then run like hell for the basement.

No comments: