Monday, April 07, 2008

Today I am tooting my own horn!

Many saw me on my visit home with family and friends in March. I have been working very hard since just after Christmas when I realized I wasn't happy with my health and I wasn't happy wiht how I felt. I knew I was going to be turning 34 and I wasn't going to enter my mid-30's being fat, so I decided to do something about it. Immediately I began eating differently and enjoying salads and taking a new outlook on how I ate. I no longer felt the need to have every sweet morsel. Today I read labels and eat very low-fat and continue to control my intake. I eat mostly fresh fruits and veggies and lean meats. I turned in my caramel mochas at Starbucks and switched out for skinny mochas (non-fat and sugar-free). (Thank you Starbucks!!!!!!!!) And last I adopted my own exercise regimen. I went back to basics- push-ups, crunches and using my Bali band for resistance. Soon I plan to be out walking and jogging in the spring weather.

So I wanted to toot my own horn. I am proud of myself and my accomplishments. I still have 27 lbs to go to get to my goal weight- but I can do it. Total so fat I have lost 33 lbs. Below you can see my before and current pictures.

Christmas-me at my fattest (Oh and those clothes were donated now since they were too big!!!)
Me now-wearing new duds and a belt!!!! Gulp!


3 comments:

Jodi and Brian said...

That is terrific Kim! I thought you looked great when you came over for a visit. You were wearing a striped pink button down top and you looked so nice. Now I know why! Keep up the good work. I bet switching to the skinny mochas was a big step for you since you are the self proclaimed mocha whore :)

Jessica said...

Yeah! I am so proud of you! You look amazing! I wish I could have seen you when you were home. Now I will just have to wait until next time and be even more astounded by how much you have changed! You deserve to give yourself a great big pat on the back! Way to go! :)

Anonymous said...

You have every right to toot your own horn. Losing weight is difficult,and you look wonderful. I can tell you feel great too. I look forward to seeing the "new you" on your next visit. Congrats!
Judy