Tuesday, February 14, 2006

On a sad note...

I have two friends from my twins forum who have also had thier babies early. They both went after me, but were only 26 weeks along. Trish gave birth to two wonderful girls and Sarah gave birth to a beautiful girl and little boy. Sadly, on Feb 6th, Sarah's little girl Alissa passed away. On Feb. 9th Trish's little girl Sophia passed away. Both these babies were micro preemies with Alissa weighing in at 0.8 of a pound and Sophia weighing 1lb 11 oz. They were strong little fighters. Thier siblings continue thier stays in the NICU. Alissa's brother Landon continues to make good progress and Sophi's sister Ava still fights for her life in critical condition.
I also have another wonderful friend, Alexandra, who lost her two girls Jada and Jaelynn at 22 weeks. She has been such a pillar of strength to me, throughout my pregnancy and when I was in the hospital. She called me daily and we continue to keep in touch everyday. She does all of this as well as dealing with her own loss.
As I think of how well my boys are doing, I cant help but have heartache for these wonderful ladies and forever mommies of twins. Please, as you continue to pray for my boys, keep these mommies in your thoughts, and pray thier hearts heal from thier losses. Thank you.

No comments: