Thursday, August 28, 2008

my weight update- please celebrate this milestone with me!

Well, I weighed myself last night, and I weighed in at 150lbs. This is huge for me. I am officially down 48 lbs. Yesterday I went clearance shopping at Kohls and bought a cute little denim skort. It is a size 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so elated to try on the 10 it was too big. now for most things I am still a 10 in, but 12's are now behind me. I am astounded at this journey. It was started in January when I saw pictures of me at Christmas, and now to see I weigh less than even before Trevor was born. In fact I weigh less than I did at Suzanne and Wade's first wedding in 1997. I have 20 lbs to go to get to my ideal body weight, and I know I can do it and I know it will stay off as this has been a lifestyle transformation for me. I am so excited.

John has also joined me on my quest for a healthier life. He has lost 36 lbs to date. It is possible to do this with diligence, diet and exercise. I am proof of it!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Good for you guys! I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Christina Newby said...

THis is awesome Kim!!!!! Congrats and keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. Weight loss is difficult, but I can tell that you are determined and that you will reach your goal. It is obvious that you are a happier, healthier person.
Judy