Friday, January 18, 2008

Trevor has strep throat- but here is a funny too.

I kept him home yesterday because he was so tired (insomnia due to his meds) and he started to say his throat hurt. Well, this morning he was really crying about it, but i thought he was faking . He had gotten an exposure notice earlier in the week for strep, so I decided to take him in and sure enough it is strep. She said it was flamin' and turned positive right away. Now he is milking it- crying and all -Men! But to his defense he just now started to run a fever- so it is probably gonna get worse before it is better. She said there wasnt much pus, so probably early.

Here is the funny tho...She looked in his ear and said "there is a foreign body in there". I was like huh and flashed a glance to Trevor and asked him if he put anything in his ear. He insisted absolutely not. So I thought maybe a Q-tip or something. She was like "no, it is a white, round disc " So I thought well maybe the plastic from a clothing tag or something. WEll, she goes and gets these forceps to grab it, but it was stuck. So she used a loop to loosen it and when she pulled it out, it was a googly eye. Ya know, those crafty eyes that wiggle? W T H? I have NO IDEA how it got there. So Trevor was like 'So that's what was making that sound when I shook my head" So we got a laugh out of it.

So lets now hope that the LOCO duo doesnt get anything. But they were nice enough to say if they got symptomatic they would call in a script so we didnt have to go in. She said likely they will get it .

1 comment:

Jodi and Brian said...

Thanks for the laugh. That was too funny. How could he not know how it got there? Boys are so funny.

Harris has a thing right now of putting things in his ears and it's driving me crazy. Lately he just wants to stick the Mr. Potato Head pieces in there, but I hope it doesn't progress to other things.