Friday, June 20, 2008

Our first ambulance ride with lights and sirens!

Sorry for the poor quality, but these were taken with my cell phone camera.
Poor swollen Connor after shots and breathing treatments.
John was eating a mix of nuts we bought that was cashews, almonds, and pistachios. Well, they have never had them and wanted to try them. Well they loved them, but the nuts didnt love back. within a half hour or so, their eyes began to swell and lips were swelling and they were both wheezing and coughing and became lethargic. I called the pediatrician to see if I could give a mega dose of benadryl and she said to call 911 immediately. They got here in 3 minutes. Both Connor's eyes were swollen shut, and he took it the hardest. His oxygen saturation was only 69% and his heart rate was 189 before the epinephrine, benadryl shot and steroids. WE took off in the ambulance- me with Logan, and the other paramedic had Connor. John needed to stay with Jake, Trevor and Lauren. (Jake and Trevor theought he fire truck and amulance were cool.) They did pretty well and slept the first hour. Then the steroids kicked in. They were wound up soooo bad. It was crazy!

Logi after shots and breathing treatments

My poor duo

An hour after steroids and they were bouncing off the walls. The ER was entertained by them....I was not.

We are home now and they are whooped on the Benadryl- but are extra snuggly. We now have to carry an Epi pen for each of them where ever we go. YIKES!

5 comments:

Jodi and Brian said...

Wow! How scary for you all. It looks like they bounced back though. I'm glad to hear everyone is ok now.

Jessica said...

Holy crap...how scary! So glad that everyone is ok! I wish I could give both of them big hugs! Thinking of you all! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG! They look like mini prize fighters. There is never a dull moment in your household, girl! Hang in there.
Judy

Anonymous said...

I love you my swell swellies! Can't wait to se eyour big brother and i hop eyou deflate soon. You know, I'm allergic to tree nuts also, so welcome to my club! I miss you! hugs!
Love Aunt korrie

Christina Newby said...

Oh how scary!!!!! I am glad to hear they are doing better! You just never know - Good luck and hopefully you wont have anymore episodes like this.