Saturday, January 24, 2009

Clebrating the 3rd birthday via webcam with Nanny and Grandad

The boys get sung to by Nanny and Grandad on the web cam.
Updates galore
The duo are now 3!!!!! I cannot believe it. When I look back at their very early arrival and how small they were, it is amazing to see how far they have come. In fact, the other day, I was looking at Logan and thought, "Logan, you are looking beefy". He has always been the "skinny" twin. So I decided to strip them both down and weigh them. Connor was 29.6lb and Logan was 29.4 lb. This is the closest they have been in weight since they were in the NICU. They are doing wonderful. Speech improves daily, especially for Connor who is a little parrot on everything. He has finally been forming some intelligible sentences and communicting well. I think he may be mastering trickery too. The other day, they both had cookies, well Connor wanted another one, so he looked at me and said "Conner wants another cookie" I said "he does?" acting all coy. He points to Logan and says "yeah, Connor" and started giggling. It was funny because he recognizes he has a twin brother:)
Of course they are still up to their same old tricks. Stripping, climbing,ect. The move will be interesting as we do not plan to restrict them from any part of the house in order to work on potty learning. They are very ready, we just need to master it now. They pee in the potty very well, and Logan has went poo once, but we havent been able to be consistent.
The duo watch as Grandad sings
We didnt do much for the birthday this year as we are living amongst chaos right now (and I know Jessica can fully understand my pain) with boxes everywhere.
Today I get the keys to the new house and slowly this week will begin moving a carload of boxes a day until Saturday's big move day.
Moving is exciting. We bought new furniture- but it will take 3-4 weeks to come in. We bought from Ashley- new couch and loveseat for the upstairs living room and a new couch for the downstairs family room and a very nice new dining table set. The nice thing is they will deliver it to us and move it all in , so no lifiting for us!!! It was time. Our stuff is aweful!. In the future, a new bed for us. The boys will have a new room theme-firetrucks- or as the duo call them "roo roos" I am excited. their stuff comes on Wednesday and I cant wait to get their room in order.
I am absolutely in love with the new house and community. I cant wait to walk around the lake everyday and finally get those bikes out and put to good use!!!
That is all for now. I hope it wont be too long before another update, but with moving it might be crazy. I will send out new address cards soon.
Love to you all!!!!


1 comment:

Jessica said...

How exciting! Good luck with the move. Give the boys birthday hugs from us! I cannot believe they are three. Good luck with potty training too. I think Olivia just may be day trained! Let us know how things go with the move!