Sunday, March 01, 2009

Quick update

Routines
Routines are hard. However, we have managed now to keep routine for a month with this family. It isnt always easy, but when the kids know what is expected, it is easier. Trevor is keeping up with his school routine. He is making friends. School is kicking my butt, but spring break is next week on March 9 and i will so enjoy the time off from school to work on the boys rooms. The duo will have a mural painted by moi, and Trevor will have a dino painted by moi if time allows. John will likely be working on getting the family room functional. So we have a lot on our plates.
Now, for the me saga.... My nerve damage is likely permanent. The Dr showed me on a new xray where the nerve is severed from where the wisdom tooth was. The numbness is localized now to the left lower jaw. All the teeth, gums, cheek and lip are numb. It makes for very difficult chewing and eating is just plain not enjoyable now. Think of what is feels like when you are numbed for a cavity filling, but it never goes away. That is it. I have to be careful when I brush that i am not causing my gums to bleed and I have to be careful when i eat that I do not chew my cheek or lip (things I have done numerous times already). I still have bone pain in the jaw. He said 4 weeks for that to start easing. Sometimes it is intense and I get migraines too from it. The pain goes into my temples on both sides. It really just totally sucks.
The duo
Ahhhhh, the duo. They are talking so much. The biggest phrase out of thier mouths is "Me do it". I wish I had a quarter for each time they say this and I would be a millionaire by the end of the week. From dressing, to getting in their booster seats to doing up the carseat belts, it is "me do it!". Independence has hit for sure.
That is all for us now. We are enjoying living in the new house. It is quite nice. Can't believe a month has gone by already.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Kim - Glad to hear that the routines are working. Olivia thrives on her routines. Sorry to hear about your permanent nerve damage. It sounds awful! I guess you will get used to it. Enjoy your house!