Monday, November 03, 2008

uh-oh.........bwoke......

That dreaded day has come. The day I knew would eventually come that I knew I was fully defeated by the duo. Last night, they managed to tip over my curio cabinet. They suffered no injuries. John ended up with a few minor cuts from cleaning. It was a good thing I was at work, because I think child abuse would have been a factor. I know, I know, it is all material and you cant take it with you when you're gone. The fact is, those were (and I say were) my priceless, irreplaceable memories. sure, I can buy and replace a few pieces, but not the china Grandnan had (2 pieces shattered). Thankfully the rest was salvaged and one piece I super-glued back, but will never be the same. One piece that meant the world to me was a little precious moments figurine that Jor and Alanna brought to me in 1995 of 3 little bunnies that were gathered around a birthday cake. Jor was just a little tiny thing, and Alanna a baby, and they said that was us celebrating my birthday. I cried when I saw it crumbled into 6 pieces. I was able to super-glue the whole thing back together. Proof that our family bonds are so strong. Many pieces were lost, and many were unscathed- go figure.

A word to you all with small ones, if it means something to you, lock it up until they are old enough not to touch and may the words "uh-oh....bwoke" not be spoken in your houses.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh Kim, I am so sorry! I am sure they felt awful when it happened. I am glad you were able to salvage some of the pieces.